Are you trying to find Katy TX kitchen cabinet makers that offer high-quality, custom designs? Give Amish Cabinets of Texas a call today. Our team creates custom cabinets for kitchens, baths, office spaces, and more!
If you’re looking into a remodel project, you may have many questions about the process. While cabinet home improvements are very exciting, the task may seem overwhelming. At Amish Cabinets of Texas, we’re here to help. Here are some common cabinetry questions.
What kinds of cabinets do you make?
Amish Cabinets of Texas provides custom construction cabinets. We design cabinets for bathrooms, kitchens, offices, spaces, and more. Our team of experts will meet with you to evaluate your needs and offer a personalized 3-D model of our suggestion.
All of our cabinets are made in the U.S.A. Our beautiful hardwood options include hickory, maple cherry walnut, and mahogany. Further, we never use particle board–unless you ask us to!
By far, our most popular remodeling projects are for the bathroom and kitchen. Here are some excellent reasons to consider bathroom and kitchen cabinet makeovers.
Technically, a bathroom cabinet set is called a vanity. Bathroom cabinets do not have a top per se–the sink sits on top of them. Further, bathroom cabinets must have space for water lines, pipes, etc.
Unfortunately, many of our clients have poorly designed vanities. Plumbing varies from home to home, and most vanities on the market eliminate your storage space to make room for your plumbing.
In fact, some vanities are so ill-fitting that you may install them only to find you can’t close the drawers. The pipes or waterlines get in the way! Since vanities are not exactly cheap, settling for decorative drawer faces is more than frustrating.
That’s why our Katy TX kitchen cabinet makers provide a customized design for your vanity. We’ll meet with you and measure your pipes, waterlines, and other dimensions. Then, our bathroom remodelers will create a 3-D model that works around your plumbing. With one of our custom vanities, you’ll have working drawers.
Kitchen remodels are one of the most exciting projects for homeowners. A dated kitchen sticks out like a sore thumb. Remodeling your cabinets can breathe life back into your entire home.
There are many reasons to redo your kitchen cabinets. However, most of our clients are looking to increase their storage space and modernize their kitchens.
If your pots are falling out of your cabinets, you probably would love to have more storage. While you can install larger cabinets with any off-the-shelf product, they may not give you all the room you need. Custom cabinets are tailored to your unique kitchen, so you can be sure you have maximized your storage space.
For example, you can remove a cabinet to fit a larger appliance in that area. Further, you can opt for larger cabinets in one place and smaller cabinets in another. Generally, cookie-cutter cabinet designs are very one-size-fits-all. So, few families get what they genuinely sought.
There are two parts to cabinet age. First, there’s the dated aspect. While antique cabinets can be heirlooms, they are not always so glorious in their appearance. Sometimes all the cabinets need are new handles or knobs and an exterior paint job.
However, there’s a second component to age. If you’re like most families, you use your kitchen cabinets a lot. In fact, you may have kids who use your cabinets not-so-gently.
With all the opening and closing, storing and removing, and unintentional roughness, cabinets do break. When this happens, we highly recommend replacing the cabinets.
How long does it take to install cabinets?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer to this. How long your cabinet installation takes depends on many factors. However, here are some general timelines for the different types of kitchen remodels.
- Refacing: Since refacing includes replacing handles and repainting cabinet exterior, general contractors can reface cabinets in a day.
- Replacement: For a cookie-cutter replacement job, you can expect your contractor to take over your kitchen for at least 3 days. However, your contractor may be there for a week or more.
- Redesign: A high-quality redesign project takes many weeks to complete. Your contractor will create a design. Then, they will build your cabinets. Finally, they will install them, which can take about 3 to 7 days. However, for extensive work, you may lose your kitchen for more than one week.
Why does it take so long to install cabinets?
There are multiple tasks involved in a cabinet replacement and redesign project. Each one requires a specific skill set and some patience. Here is a very broad overview of the process.
- Design: A high-quality, refined design may take a week to draw up.
- Remove: Even for a simple project, it may take an entire day to remove all your old cabinets. However, if your contractor is making space for an island, etc., it could take longer.
- Level and install framework: Framework must be level. While this process seems straightforward, your general contractor must be careful. Further, the cubbies are extremely heavy. Between the leveling and mounting heavy cabinetry, the framework will likely take at least a day to complete.
- Install doors and hinges: The most exciting part of the process is installing the doors. However, with the doors come the hinges, which have to be done just so to prevent creaking doors or gaps. Thankfully, experienced carpenters shouldn’t need more than a day.
Choose us for your Katy TX kitchen cabinet makers
Amish Cabinets of Texas creates custom-made cabinets. From the design phase to the installation phase, all of our projects are unique to our clients. Our experienced carpenters will meet with you for a free consultation and a design within 24 hours.
We genuinely believe in helping our clients. That’s why you can keep the design even if you choose to use another company for your installation. If you would like to move forward with your plan, we would be honored to craft your dream design.
The next time you need the best Katy TX kitchen cabinet makers in town, we hope you’ll give us a call.
Fun facts about Katy, Texas
- Downtown Katy is called Old Town Katy and is home to many specialty stores and antique shops.
- Since rice is such an integral part of Katy’s revenue, Katy hosts an annual Rice Festival.
- Heritage Park is home to restored buildings.
- For more fun facts, visit Katy’s website.