Are you looking for high-quality Amish made cabinets River Oaks, TX? Amish Cabinets of Texas can supply your home with durable and versatile custom cabinets. Every project will be unique. The many options available will delight you and bring often-overlooked aspects of cabinet design to your attention. A few critical aspects of Amish cabinetry can bring life and individuality to your home with just a few customizations.
Base Cabinet Construction Elements of Amish Made Cabinets River Oaks, TX
Many elements of cabinet construction can be altered to meet your specifications, creating a distinctive look for your residence. Learning about key cabinet construction elements allows you to make more efficient and better-informed design choices. With this knowledge, you’ll be ready to create the perfect cabinet.
- Adjustable Shelves – Shelves can be adjusted to any depth and are water resistant. They are made out of thick UV-coated Birch plywood.
- Flat Panel End – Located on the side of the cabinet, the flat panel end is made of water-resistant solid wood on the outer side. UV-coated Birch plywood is glued to the interior.
- Raised Panel End – Made of thick hardwood with UV-coated Birch glued to the back. It will match the exterior wood for a clean and consistent interior finish.
- Back – The cabinet backs will be constructed out of matching plywood.
- Tops/Bottoms/Sides – Thick plywood is used to finish one side of the tops and sides of the cabinets. The bottoms are finished on two sides.
- Boxes – Boxes are continuous without the use of filler boards or spacers. Amish Cabinets of Texas use a custom miter lock joint to improve stability and structural integrity.
- Doors – Door construction methods available are slab, cope and stick, mitered, and mortice and tenon. Design options for the half-inch overlay include standard, inset, inset beaded, full overlay, and frameless.
- Door Bumpers – Door bumpers will be clear, octagonal, and stick-on.
- Face-Frame – Made of 3/4 inches of solid wood, these are glued, screwed, and toenailed at the back of the cabinet with pocket screws. Vertical and horizontal stiles and rails are one and a half inches wide. No center stiles exist to increase space and accessibility in each open cavity.
- Hinges – Amish Cabinets of Texas use Blum European hidden hinges with a soft close mechanism. The overlay from door to rail is the standard half-inch wide, but inset, inset beaded, and full overlay customization options are available.
- Hang/Nail Rail – Upper cabinets are finished with Birch or Maple thick hardwood inside the cabinets. Base cabinets use Raw Beech stock wood.
- Drawer Glides – A Blum full extension side mount glide is the standard choice for Amish Cabinets of Texas. An undermount full extension with a soft close mechanism is another option for choosing.
- Drawer Box – Drawer boxes are constructed with dovetail corner joints. Drawers are usually made of thick American Beech wood, but any drawer over 20 inches wide is made of UV-coated Birch.
- Crown – Many different crown profiles are available to choose from, and some can be viewed in our online gallery.
With these fundamental cabinet components in mind, you can delve into the personalized cabinet modifications that are the perfect fit for your home.
A popular style for residential cabinet doors is a panel door (also known as stile and rail doors). An example of this is a five-panel door. A five-panel door is constructed with a larger center panel surrounded by four smaller border panels. Panel doors provide durability and strength but can also be customized to offer a unique and elegant style.
The miter lock joint, commonly used for cabinets, is often criticized for its weakness. Amish Cabinets of Texas adapted to this problem by customizing the design of this joint. Their specialized modification of the miter lock joint increases its integrity and is used in both cabinet drawer and door construction. This improvement exemplifies Amish made cabinets River Oaks, TX superior cabinetry.
Our long-lasting and timeless designs will satisfy your desire for an exceptional kitchen. From the initial meeting to creating a 3-D rendering showcasing your every design choice, Amish Cabinets of Texas ensures your voice is heard at every step of bringing your dream cabinet to life.
After selecting every design element, your cabinet plan with be edited and sized to your home’s specifications. If your home has unique measurements, those will be taken to ensure your cabinets remain functional and safe.
The Amish Cabinets of Texas Team
Amish Cabinets of Texas’s experienced team will be personally involved in the building and installation process. Their lead contractor will oversee the project and confer directly with clients. Fine craftsmanship is given the respect it deserves with the expertise and meticulous care Amish Cabinets of Texas provides.
By taking a personal tour of our cabinet showroom, you can get a close look at the work done by this establishment. Viewings are appointment-only six days a week, but seeing their cabinets in person will make you fall in love with their unreplicable designs. The limited selection of cabinets on view will give you a taste of what Amish Cabinets of Texas offers.
Located in Houston
For Houston residents, as soon as your quote is approved their team of builders will bring your vision to life without delay. For out-of-towners interested, there are zero added fees for cabinet design and installation outside of Houston. Amish Cabinets of Texas also offers an online gallery of past work for your consideration.
Come to Amish Cabinets of Texas for a high-end cabinet design. You can speak to a representative who will ask questions and get to know your household’s style and preferences. The priority for Amish Cabinets of Texas is to create stylish but practical cabinet designs. The functionality of your cabinet will not be sacrificed here.
For those looking for Amish made cabinets River Oaks, TX, Amish Cabinets of Texas is the best choice.
Fun Facts About River Oaks TX
- The sons of former Texas Governor Jim Hogg established River Oaks in the 1920s.
- River Oaks is known as one of Houston’s most expensive neighborhoods.
- The River Oaks community is approximately 1,100 acres.