Kitchen Trends: The kitchen is undeniably one of the most important rooms in a home, making it a great place to start when looking to revamp a house’s look and feel. Is it time to update your kitchen? Add a touch of style with some of this year’s most popular kitchen trends.
2014 Kitchen Trends
1. Blues Use just a hint of color to accent your kitchen design or fill the room with brilliant shades of blue, either way you can’t go wrong with one of this year’s hottest colors in home design. Try blue accessories, blue cabinets or blue fixtures to give your kitchen a whole new feel. Can’t choose just one shade? Dont be afraid to mix and match blues to create a truly unique look.
2. Colored sinks Create a focal point in your kitchen with a colored sink. Sinks can be found in array of colors such as a light country green to match decor or an eye-catching red that demands attention. Colorful sinks are a great way to create a focal point and offer a fairly easy solution for adding a pop of color to neutral kitchens.
3. Grey While white cabinets are always popular, many kitchen designers are changing things up with greys all throughout the kitchen. Grey cabinets and countertops offer a timeless, clean look to kitchens that is softer than white, but just as breath-taking.
4. Black and white This classic color combination creates a bold look with high-contrast style. The most popular black and white combination this year is all white cabinets and deep black counters. Keep this style modern with a black or white tile floor, or add a touch of rustic charm with wood floors.
5. Get automated Kitchen technology has come a long way to help make any task quick and easy. With automated gadgets available in countless designs to fit any kitchen decor, you’re sure to find pieces for your home that are as beautiful as they are functional. Not sure where to start? Automatic faucets are a wonderful addition to any kitchen and their hands-free functions make cleanup easier than ever.
6. Copper fixtures The warm color of copper makes a great addition to many kitchen styles. Replace silver colored fixtures with the hues of copper or get a custom copper hood to help your kitchen make a statement.
7. Wood countertops Is it time for new counters? Don’t limit your choices to just granites and laminate. Wood countertops are quickly becoming one of the most popular kitchen trends for 2014, bringing their warmth and comfortable colors to kitchens all around the world.
Which new trend is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below. Also check out our kitchens.